If you’ve ever wondered about the health benefits of France’s most iconic wine, you should keep reading. The Ideal Wine Company asks; why is Champagne good for you?
We’re still a few months away from the Christmas season, but here at the Ideal Wine Company we’re already thinking about New Year. We love this holiday because it’s the one day of the year where it’s practically mandatory to quaff a few flutes of Champagne, as you wait for the clock to strike midnight.
In other words Champagne’s the drink you break out when you want to celebrate. A protected French wine known for its quality, Champagne adds that extra touch you need to set off a special occasion. But now you have an extra reason to celebrate; evidence shows that when imbibed modestly, Champagne can provide you with a whole host of health benefits!
Five health benefits
- Boosts your mood: Experience should have taught you by now that you’ll feel great after taking a sip of Champagne. This is because the product includes magnesium, potassium and zinc, which all are known to lift your mood!
- Has few calories: If you’re looking for a wardrobe-friendly wine, you should opt for Champagne. Figures suggest that it features less calories, at an average of 80, than both red and white wine, at an average of 120. So you’re less likely to pile on the pounds when you drink this delicious tipple.
- May improve heart health: We’ve told you before that red wine can be good for heart health. This is because it features antioxidants which prevent damage to your blood vessels. Well luckily for you those same antioxidants can be found in a glass of bubbly!
- Keeps you sharp: OK, drinking too much alcohol isn’t exactly great for your memory. However, research from the University of Columbia indicates that Champagnes contain proteins which are beneficial for your short term memory; as long as you drink modestly!
- Can reduce diabetes risk: You may be a little sceptical, but hear us out. A study conducted in Canada way back in 2009 found that wines, including Champagnes, could lower your risk of developing diabetes by around 13%; just make sure you don’t drink too much.
Try our Champagnes
Basically if you drink modestly you can gain a number of health benefits from Champagne. If you want to try this theory out, why don’t you buy one of the Ideal Wine Company’s Champagnes today, especially if you’re as eager as we are to ring in the New Year!